How much condo insurance do you need?

The agents of Nieroda Insurance Agency in St. Charles, MO offer a comprehensive array of insurance policies for condo and homeowners. Missouri residents who own condos can call the agency to get the information they need to make an informed decision when it comes to purchasing condo insurance. Condo insurance is slightly different than a homeowner’s policy and the two shouldn’t be confused with one another.

Protect Your Possessions

Condo insurance is written to protect your possessions. A complete list of the items you have in your home, supported by a video inventory, can be a great tool when recovering from a devastating event like a fire or burglary. When purchasing condo insurance, it’s important to know the estimated value of your possessions. This will include any depreciation costs due to their age and how much it would cost to replace them if they were damaged, broken, or stolen.

The Interior of Your Structure

A homeowner’s policy covers the entire structure of your home. Condo insurance on the other hand only covers the interior of the structure. While you technically "own" your home, you don’t own the structure that it’s a part of. If a fire or other structural damage occurs, you are only responsible for making the repairs to your individual living area. The owner of the condo complex would be responsible for all of the repairs on the outside of the building.

Residents of St. Louis, St. Charles, MO, and surrounding communities are encouraged to call the agents of Nieroda Insurance Agency to have their insurance coverage evaluated. This will ensure that the right policy has been purchased and there is sufficient coverage to protect your home and possessions.