What Structures Does Homeowners’ Insurance Cover? Uncover the Answers Here!

Homeowners insurance is essential for Saint Charles, MO property owners, but what does it cover? Homeowners’ policies from Nieroda Insurance Agency typically offer coverage for your home’s structure and personal property. Learn more about what structures homeowners insurance covers and how to get the best coverage for your needs.

What Structures Does Homeowners’ Insurance Cover?

Homeowners’ insurance typically covers damage to the home’s structure and outbuildings, such as a detached garage or shed. It may also cover the property’s fencing, decks, and other permanent structures. In addition, homeowners’ insurance often includes coverage for personal belongings inside the home, liability protection, and temporary living expenses if the house is damaged or destroyed.

Does My Homeowners’ Insurance Cover My Shed?

The answer to this question depends on your policy type, and the coverage included. Generally, most standard homeowners’ insurance policies will cover a shed if it is damaged by an insured peril such as fire, wind, hail, or theft. However, coverage may be limited, and there could be exclusions for certain types of damage. It is best to check with your insurance company to determine what is covered under your policy.

Do I Have to Insure My Outbuilding?

Yes, it would be best if you insured your outbuilding. If you are storing items of high value in the shed, such as bicycles or tools, consider purchasing additional coverage to protect them. Additionally, it is a good idea to check with your insurance provider to determine if your homeowner’s policy covers the structure itself.

At Nieroda Insurance Agency in Saint Charles, MO, we provide a range of home insurance solutions to suit every need. We understand that when it comes to protecting your home, you want the right coverage at an affordable rate. Contact us today!