Who Needs Rental Insurance?

If you don’t own your home, it’s still important that you carry insurance on your belongings so that you’re protected in the event of a fire, theft, or natural disaster. Rental insurance can help replace anything that you lose in these situations, ensuring that everything inside of your rental unit is insured in case an adverse event occurs. Individuals who need rental insurance can contact the Nieroda Insurance Agency, serving the Saint Charles, MO area, to learn more about how to obtain appropriate coverage. 

Student Housing
If you live in student housing, be sure to protect your belongings against fire, theft, or loss. There are often specific policies designed for college students, and your insurance agent can speak to you about the type of policy that’s best for you. This will help ensure that you have the right amount of coverage for your belongings and aren’t carrying more coverage than you need. 

Apartment Dwellers
Individuals or families living in apartments should also consider purchasing rental insurance. Often it is a stipulation of your lease that you carry this type of policy, protecting your landlord from liability in the event of theft, fire, or natural disaster. An insurance agent can review how much you have in your rental and help you select the policy that’s right for you and your family. 

Senior Living Facilities
If you’re living in a senior living facility, it may still be important to carry rental insurance on your belongings. Some independent senior facilities, like condos or townhomes, provide you with quite a bit of space. It’ll be important to protect your personal items with an insurance policy. 

Rental insurance is often overlooked but is extremely important. If you don’t own the property that you reside in, contact Nieroda Insurance Agency in Saint Charles, MO to learn more about this type of insurance. They can assist you each step of the way, helping you to decide on the policy that’s perfect for you and your family.