What all does renters insurance cover?

Unless your landlord pointed it out in your lease, you might not realize that you need renters insurance in Saint Charles, MO to cover your personal items in the event of a loss such as a fire or theft. At Nieroda Insurance Agency, we want to help you learn your rights and what you need to do to protect yourself in case of misfortune.

A regular homeowners insurance policy will cover the physical property and the belongings of the owner. However, when the owner rents the property, the renters are responsible for insuring all of their items. Your losses will be covered whether it was because of loss, theft, or vandalism.

Your personal possessions include your clothing, furniture, kitchenware, bedding, and other items which you keep in your home. You will also want to make sure you have enough coverage for your electronics, including your television, stereo, computer, or any other valuable items.

Your renter’s insurance may also cover your expenses if you have to find alternate living arrangements during a fire or other unfortunate circumstance, and will protect you if someone is injured on your party and sues you for negligence.

Certain kinds of valuables may not be covered, such as jewelry or other kinds of collectibles. In those cases, you can add coverage specifically for those items.

Fortunately, renters insurance is usually not very expensive. The limits do not normally need to be as high for homeowner’s policies because the policy does not need to cover the building or structure. You will probably, however, have a deductible. 

Contact us

If you are interested in obtaining a renters insurance policy in Saint Charles, MO, contact Nieroda Insurance Agency at any time to explore your various options. Our agents can help you get started.