How condo insurance differs from home insurance

A condo is a good way to break into the housing market. It offers stress-free ownership. You don’t have to worry about the yard or the exterior of your home, which is cared for by the condo association master policy. In Saint Charles, MO, Nieroda Insurance Agency will ensure that you have the condo insurance you need. 

Liability coverage

Liability coverage for a condo is slightly different from that for a freestanding home. It would be best to cover the interior of your home and the members of your family. Still, the exterior and any common areas are covered by the condo association’s master policy. This includes porches, hallways, parking lots, gyms, and pools. 

Building coverage

The building coverage for a condo takes care of the condo’s interior. How deep it goes into the walls depends on how far in from the exterior the master policy. Be sure to read your coverage to know what you need for coverage. This is different from home insurance.

Content insurance 

Content insurance for a home and a condo are the same. You still have a choice of what type of coverage you want. You can choose the current or replacement value depending on your preference. 

Loss of use insurance

Loss of use insurance for homes and condos is the same; it will help you pay for a temporary place to stay until your unit is ready for occupancy. It may also pay for some meals if you don’t have a way to cook. It does take the stress out of where you will stay. 

If you live in or near Saint Charles, MO, the Nieroda Insurance Agency can help you with all your condo insurance needs. Give our office a call to make an appointment for a no-obligation quote.