Why Do I Need Motorcycle Insurance?

You may only ride your motorcycle to enjoy the beautiful weather in St. Louis or Saint Charles, MO, or even to take the occasional weekend trip throughout the countryside. The motorcycle may not be your primary mode of transportation, and you may wonder if you need insurance. The friendly professional agents at Nieroda Insurance Agency can assure you of the necessity of motorcycle insurance and help you choose the right coverage.  

Motorcycle Insurance Helps Protect You as the Rider and Your Bike

Even the most vigilant motorcycle drivers can be hurt in an accident, and motorcycle insurance can help with medical bills. Insurance would help cover bills even if the accident did not involve another vehicle. Bikes can be damaged during accidents just like any other vehicle on the road, and this property damage can be covered by an insurance policy. Similar to car insurance, this type of insurance protects against theft and vandalism as well as small dents and other damage that may occur.

Motorcycle Insurance Helps Protect You When Others are Injured

Liability insurance on your motorcycle will help cover you if others are injured as a result of an accident. In most accidents, it is the bike and the rider who are hurt because they are more exposed than passengers in other vehicles. However, if a motorcyclists were to hit a person walking on the street, there could be quite significant liability charges. This insurance would help pay those charges. If you cause an accident and there is damage to the other vehicle or someone’s property, liability insurance will help with those bills as well.

Do You Need Comprehensive or Total Loss Coverage?

Comprehensive coverage is complete protection and can help replace the motorcycle if it is totaled. The value of your motorcycle will be determined by a Nieroda Insurance Agency specialist much like the value of a car would be determined using the blue book value. For owners of classic or custom motorcycles, there are policies which will give you a stated value of the bike instead of actual cash value.

Motorcycle insurance is mandatory in most states and Nieroda Insurance Agency in Saint Charles, MO can help owners determine the level of coverage they need. Reach out to our offices to speak with an agent and get a quote.

Boat Insurance: What You Need to Know When Buying Your First Policy

Spring is just around the corner and this means that people who love boating are starting to think about getting on the water. If you have just purchased your first boat, Nieroda Insurance Agency, serving the greater St. Louis, MO area, wants to make sure you know key information that will help you understand boat insurance. Here are a few things that you should know when buying your first boat insurance policy. 

What Boat Insurance Covers

Standard boat insurance typically covers physical damage to your boat should you get into a boating accident, cause property damage, or bodily injury. You can also purchase comprehensive boat coverage that would cover you if your boat is stolen, catches on fire, floods, or is vandalized. Personal property insurance may also be purchased to cover any extra items that may be inside the boat, such as fishing gear or sound systems. 

Where Your Boat is and Isn’t Covered

When you are buying boat insurance, it is important that you understand where your boat is and is not covered. Some policies restrict where you can take your boat based on the size of the boat and safety concerns. Always read what waterways your boat is covered in and which are restricted. 

What it Means to Lay Up Your Boat Insurance

Lastly, you should know what it means to lay up your boat insurance. If you store your boat in a storage facility or your garage, you may have the option of laying up the boat insurance. This means that your boat is not covered on waterways while in storage. This can save you money but you need to ensure you don’t forget the insurance is laid up and then try to use your boat, or you will be without coverage. 

If you are looking to purchase a boat insurance policy in the greater St Louis, MO area, turn to Nieroda Insurance Agency. Give us a call today to get started. 

What all does renters insurance cover?

Unless your landlord pointed it out in your lease, you might not realize that you need renters insurance in Saint Charles, MO to cover your personal items in the event of a loss such as a fire or theft. At Nieroda Insurance Agency, we want to help you learn your rights and what you need to do to protect yourself in case of misfortune.

A regular homeowners insurance policy will cover the physical property and the belongings of the owner. However, when the owner rents the property, the renters are responsible for insuring all of their items. Your losses will be covered whether it was because of loss, theft, or vandalism.

Your personal possessions include your clothing, furniture, kitchenware, bedding, and other items which you keep in your home. You will also want to make sure you have enough coverage for your electronics, including your television, stereo, computer, or any other valuable items.

Your renter’s insurance may also cover your expenses if you have to find alternate living arrangements during a fire or other unfortunate circumstance, and will protect you if someone is injured on your party and sues you for negligence.

Certain kinds of valuables may not be covered, such as jewelry or other kinds of collectibles. In those cases, you can add coverage specifically for those items.

Fortunately, renters insurance is usually not very expensive. The limits do not normally need to be as high for homeowner’s policies because the policy does not need to cover the building or structure. You will probably, however, have a deductible. 

Contact us

If you are interested in obtaining a renters insurance policy in Saint Charles, MO, contact Nieroda Insurance Agency at any time to explore your various options. Our agents can help you get started. 

Is flood insurance necessary if I do not live in a flood zone?

We all know the tragedy that can come from horrific flooding. We see the videos on the news and the photographs online of the damage caused by torrential downpours or subsiding storm surges from hurricanes. Thankfully, the people who live in those areas are usually aware of the dangers flooding can cause. Some people who purchase homes in flood-prone areas are even required to purchase flood insurance before they are approved for a mortgage. But what about the people who do not live in a flood zone? Are they safe enough to live without flood insurance?

The truth of the matter is that floods can happen anywhere and at any time. While those that live in flood zones or floodplain areas are more likely to experience a flood, there is still a chance that any home could flood. In fact, almost 25% of all flood insurance claims happen in areas that are outside of a floodplain. Further, most of these claims that exist outside of the flood plain are in areas that are declared a medium or even low risk for flooding. Just because you may live outside of an area that is prone to flooding does not necessarily mean that you are safe from the dangers and damages that come with flooding.

If you would like to learn more about how flood damage may be able to help protect you and your loved ones reach out to the experts at Nieroda Insurance Agency. Proudly serving those in St. Louis and Saint Charles, MO, Nieroda Insurance Agency is available to help answer any questions you may have. For years the residents of St. Louis and Saint Charles, MO have turned to the best to update their existing insurance policies or to start a new policy. Feel free to call today and our team can get you started in the right direction to protect your family and give you peace of mind when it comes to flooding.

How much condo insurance do you need?

The agents of Nieroda Insurance Agency in St. Charles, MO offer a comprehensive array of insurance policies for condo and homeowners. Missouri residents who own condos can call the agency to get the information they need to make an informed decision when it comes to purchasing condo insurance. Condo insurance is slightly different than a homeowner’s policy and the two shouldn’t be confused with one another.

Protect Your Possessions

Condo insurance is written to protect your possessions. A complete list of the items you have in your home, supported by a video inventory, can be a great tool when recovering from a devastating event like a fire or burglary. When purchasing condo insurance, it’s important to know the estimated value of your possessions. This will include any depreciation costs due to their age and how much it would cost to replace them if they were damaged, broken, or stolen.

The Interior of Your Structure

A homeowner’s policy covers the entire structure of your home. Condo insurance on the other hand only covers the interior of the structure. While you technically "own" your home, you don’t own the structure that it’s a part of. If a fire or other structural damage occurs, you are only responsible for making the repairs to your individual living area. The owner of the condo complex would be responsible for all of the repairs on the outside of the building.

Residents of St. Louis, St. Charles, MO, and surrounding communities are encouraged to call the agents of Nieroda Insurance Agency to have their insurance coverage evaluated. This will ensure that the right policy has been purchased and there is sufficient coverage to protect your home and possessions.

What Does Basic Health Insurnace Cover?

Basic Health Insurance with Nieroda Insurance Agency

Your health is something that is incredibly important. With that being said, it is also essential to have some health insurance in place to help make sure that you can maintain your health and pay for the services that you need to be safe and healthy.

Basic health insurance is currently required by the federal government and your basic policy may cover more than you think. In most cases, health insurance is there to support you should you have to have a major procedure done without having to pay the full amount out of pocket. It is also there to help give you preventative measures so that you do not get sick and so that you can continue to live a healthy life.

Your basic policy, first and foremost, covers preventative care. This means things like a yearly physical, flu shots, vaccinations, and other basic services that are aimed at keeping you healthy so that you never have to use the more substantial portion of your policy. Your basic policy from Nieroda Insurance Agency in Saint Charles, MO also covers a portion of services that can be discussed with your insurance agent.

This means that if you get a surgery that your insurance has approved, they will pay a percentage of the remaining bill after you have met what is called the deductible, or the out of pocket expense, which has been assigned to the policy. This means that if you have a $15,000 surgery and your deductible is $2,000, anything after the $2,000 out of pocket your insurance will cover. Some policies also include things like medications and prescriptions as well as some test procedures.

You can talk with an agent at Nieroda Insurance Agency in Saint Charles, MO to find out more about what a basic policy covers and what type of coverage you will need.  

My House is Paid Off and the Kids Moved Out. Do I Still Need Life Insurance?

If you have ever bought life insurance, you probably did so to ensure your spouse and children would be able to meet their financial obligations in the event of your early death. This protection is what life insurance was designed to do. However, what happens when your children grow up and move out of the house? Your Nieroda Insurance Agency representative can help you answer these and other questions about your existing or new life insurance policy in Saint Charles, MO.

How Long Do I Need to Keep My Life Insurance Policy?

Even after your children grow up and move out of your home in Saint Charles, MO, you may still have a substantial mortgage. At a minimum, you should consider keeping enough life insurance to cover your mortgage so that your spouse will be able to remain in the home after your death. So, what about after the mortgage is paid off? How much life insurance should you keep then?

This depends on how dependent your survivors are on your current income. Student loan debt, home repairs, and a thousand other expenses can crop up. Consult with your family and your Nieroda Insurance Agency representative before decided to lower or drop your life insurance.

How Much Life Insurance do I Need?

Even after you decide to keep your life insurance policy, you have to determine how much coverage you need under your changed circumstances. First, calculate how much income your dependents will require if you die. Upon your death, your beneficiaries get a lump sum and have to determine how best to use the money.

Contact Us

Contact us online or call your Nieroda Insurance Agency representative today for information on all your life insurance needs.

Will My Auto Insurance Cover Theft?

Residents of Saint Charles, MO want to know that their vehicles are safe from theft. Hopefully, it’s not a worry that most resident would have to think about in the first place. Still, were it to occur, residents at least want to know that their auto insurance would cover them.

So how about you? Are you sure that your insurance plan has this coverage? Here’s what you need to know about auto insurance plans and theft:

  • First and foremost, it’s important to understand that all plans are different. You would need to speak directly with your insurance agent to be sure of what your plan covers.
  • If your entire car was stolen, again, whether or not you are covered will depend on what type of insurance plan you have. For the most part, however, comprehensive coverage plans will cover the value of your vehicle if it has been stolen.
  • In general, comprehensive coverage will help you out if your car was damaged because of the break-in. This coverage typically takes care of broken ignition systems, smashed windows, and broken door locks.
  • Keep in mind that this comprehensive coverage will not take care of any items that were stolen from your car. You would need another type of insurance such as renters insurance or homeowners insurance to cover these items.

Get in Touch With Nieroda Insurance Agency to Learn More

Nieroda Insurance Agency serves the residents of Saint Charles, MO and would be happy to speak with you about your auto insurance options — whether you currently have a plan that you would like to transfer or change or are looking for a brand new one. Visit our local office or give us a call at your earliest convenience to learn about your options. One of our agents is waiting to speak with you!

All you need to know about commercial insurance

Running your own business can be thrilling, but also, it comes with a lot of risks. So, whether you are running your first business or not, you need to master some things to help the business grow. You have to get employees, assets, and even sign some contracts to get your company up and running. What if you mess up something and end up losing everything? Will you be forced to start from the ground up?

As a business person, you need to know how to protect your business from various unexpected risks and what better way than to take a commercial insurance policy. However, understanding everything about commercial insurance can be tricky since it’s like learning a whole new language.

Nieroda Insurance Agency, which serves the people of St. Louis and Saint Charles, MO, understands how hard it is for people to comprehend insurance. So, we have taken the initiative to educate you more on commercial insurance in a language that you can relate. By doing this, you will be able to know which coverage option to take.

There are two main business insurance coverage options. Namely, commercial property coverage and commercial liability coverage. Let’s get into the details of the two.

Commercial Property Coverage

Every business must have assets to thrive in the market. Assets include buildings, vehicles, furniture, equipment, and stock among more. With a commercial property coverage, all your assets are protected from any disasters such as fire, vandalism, floods, and theft among more. Also, whatever your business loses as a result of not being operational, is covered. However, this depends on the insurance policy you have.

Commercial Liability Coverage

With this coverage, you are protected against any claims for any damage caused as a result of using your product, your operations, or your business grounds. Also, you are protected against any defense costs or any claims made arising from personal injury.

Nieroda Insurance agency has many other commercial insurance options, with these two being the main ones. So, if you are in St. Louis or Saint Charles, MO, please feel free to contact us to learn more about commercial insurance. Remember, we are here because of you.






Do I Need Home Insurance If My Home is Paid Off?

One of the first questions that we are asked at Nieroda Insurance Agency is whether homeowners in the greater Saint Charles, MO area need to carry home insurance if their home is paid off. Here is some information you will want to know if you have this same question.

You Are Not Required to Carry Home Insurance!

If you have a loan out on your home, the lender likely requires you to carry home insurance for your home. This helps ensure that they will be paid if something unexpected happens to your home, helping to protect their loan to you. If your home is paid off, you are no longer legally required to carry home insurance. As such, you technically could drop it as soon as your home is paid off as long as there are no other lien holders.

It is Highly Recommended You Do Purchase Home Insurance!

While you are not legally required to carry homeowners insurance once your home loan is paid off, it is still highly recommended that you do. Your home is still one of the largest assets you have. If something were to happen to it, you may be harmed financially due to losing this investment. Homeowners insurance helps to insure this large asset, which ultimately helps protect your financial future and the investment you have made by paying off your home for all of those years.

If you are looking to purchase home insurance in the greater Saint Charles, MO area, then let Nieroda Insurance Agency help. Our professionals can help you determine what your home insurance needs are and how much coverage you need. Call us today to set up an appointment to discuss your insurance needs or to obtain a quote. If you don’t have time to drop by the office or call, try our online rating tool for quotes on home and auto insurance from the comfort of your computer.